Space for hobby
Western Food or Western cuisine is the cuisines of Europe and the other Western country. Sometimes when someone said “western food”, we’ll think about burger, steak, fries, spaghetti and so on. Here!!! I’ll show my favourite western food recipes. This recipes is so easy and very suitable for the beginner who want to try new recipes. One of my favourite western food is spaghetti Bolognese because it is very easy to make it. Here the recipes!!! …let’s do it.
1- 250g of PREGO Spaghetti or others brand, cooked & drained
2- 1 can / 350g jar Traditional pasta sauce
3- 200 g spaghetti (cook according to instructions on packet)
4- 3 tbsp olive oil
5- 250 g minced beef or chicken
6- 1/4 carrot, diced or add other vegitable
7- 5 button mushrooms, quartered – optional
How to make it!!
1- Heat olive oil until hot in a pan. Stir fry minced beef or chicken until nicely browned. Next, add onion, carrot & mushrooms, and stir until fragrant.
2- Pour Traditional pasta sauce – stir and simmer for 5 minutes (A little water, salt and black pepper can be added to preference)
3- Serve Bolognese sauce over cooked spaghetti and enjoy!!! Easy right!!
Spaghetti Bolongnese is one of the famous western food in Malaysia and easy to get this food at any restaurant that serve western food. Even though I'm interested in western food, of course I’ll not forget about Malaysian food and one of my favourite Malay food is my mother’s cook, which is ‘Nasi Lemak’. Here !!! there is the recipes:
• coconut Milk Steamed Rice
• 2 cups of rice
• 3 pandan leaves tie them into a knot
• Salt to taste
• 1 small can of coconut milk 5.6 oz size
• Some water
• 1 cup of water
• Tamarind pulp size of a small ping pong ball
Sambal Ikan Bilis (Dried Anchovies Sambal)
• 1/2 red onion
• 1 cup ikan bilis dried anchovies
• 1 clove garlic
• 4 shallots
• 10 dried chillies
• 1 teaspoon of belacan prawn paste
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 2 hard boiled eggs cut into half
• 1 small cucumber cut into slices and then quartered
1. Just like making steamed rice, rinse your rice and drain. Add the coconut milk, a pinch of salt, and some water. Add the pandan leaves into the rice and cook your rice.
2. Rinse the dried anchovies and drain the water. Fry the anchovies until they turn light brown and put aside.
3. Pound the prawn paste together with shallots, garlic, and deseeded dried chilies with a mortar and pestle. You can also grind them with a food processor. Slice the red onion into rings. Soak the tamarind pulp in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze the tamarind constantly to extract the flavor into the water. Drain the pulp and save the tamarind juice.
4. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the spice paste until fragrant. Add in the onion rings. Add in the ikan bilis and stir well. Add tamarind juice, salt, and sugar. Simmer on low heat until the gravy thickens. Set aside.
5. Clean the small fish, cut them into half and season with salt. Deep fry. Cut the cucumber into slices and then quartered into four small pieces. Dish up the steamed coconut milk rice and pour some sambal ikan bilis on top of the rice. Serve with fried fish, cucumber slices, and hard-boiled eggs.
Paris is the capital of France.
Tokyo is the capital of Japan.